Make your doofing experience that much better with these nifty tricks up your sleeves.
1. Urgh, your only pair of thongs and that stupid plug pulled through the hole and now every 20 steps it pops out *slaps hand to forehead, drags down face*. Solution: Use a bread clip over the plug to stop it pulling through.
2. Not taking extra loo paper to a doof is a serious rookie error. For easy access and clean toliet paper, grab a suitable container, create a slit for the paper to come through and tie some cord from the lid to the bottom. Portable TP holder!
3. If you aren’t Bear Grilles when it comes to the outdoors, make these easy fire starters – dip a bunch of cotton pads into wax and hey presto, you have fire.
4. Create a groovy lantern with a bottle of Mountain Dew! Empty about 3/4 of the bottle. Ad about a 1/2 tspn of baking soda and three caps of peroxide. Shake well and enjoy the glow!
5. Hate those pesky mosquitoes? Chuck a stick of sage on the fire to keep them at bay. Plus you’ll be able to keep those negative energies away and enjoy a beautiful aroma at the same time.
6. The music has stopped but you’re still craving tunes and have no speakers. Devastation!… Or not! Grab a toilet roll and fashion a quicky speaker for your phone. It helps amplify the sound, not to mention how profesh it looks.
7. For a natural tick deterrent, put 1 part tea tree oil to 2 parts water in a spray bottle. Spray onto shoes, socks and pant cuffs. Note: only a deterrent, please still check yourself for ticks after a weekend in the bush.
8. Desperate for some extra light. Chuck your head lamp around a bottle of water. It disperses the light and creates a great emergency lamp.
9. Taking kids to a doof? Keep the little tykes occupied with a nature scavenger hunt! Infact, you could also keep your mindlessly chattering friends busy with this too.
10. For a quick cure to a painful bee sting, rub an onion on the affected area.
11. If you like to cook delicious herb spice infused meals, but can’t really afford the space to take your whole rack of spices, then use old Tic Tac boxes for a small, easily stored amount of each herb.
12. If you’re playing tunes at your doof, you most likely have a bunch of cords that always end up in a mess. Use an old cardboard box and toilet rolls for easy storage, quick access and no annoying tangles.
13. Really want to relax after a good hardy jig on the dance floor. Relax in style with these awesome car hammocks, a must need luxury.
14. So you don’t have to lug around a soggy bar of soup, use a veggy peeler to peal soap leaves from a soap block.
15. We’ve had a last minute submission. If you wind up in the unfortunate circumstance of having lost that oh so crictical pipe piece in the grass, then we have a top tip for you. Grab an empty glass bottle and start moving it around over the ground, eventually it’ll hit the piece and you’ll hear a loud TING!