- Health experts are hesitant to recommend its use "intimate" parts.
- Mother coconut fucks with your pH
- No oil-based lubes are safe to use with latex condoms
Despite 99% of doofers agreeing* that coconut oil is pretty much the best thing in the known universe, health experts are pretty hesitant to recommend its use on one’s more “intimate” parts.
So, if you are now or have ever been tempted to dip your nudies in a jar of coconut oil before a showdown in the sheets, please be advised:
1. Coconut oil’s antibacterial and anti-fungal properties make using it in or around your vagina a great way to get a yeast infection! Yep, that’s right, mother coconut fucks with your pH. Sorry ladies.
2. If you’re relying on condoms for protection from STIs and unwanted pregnancies, you should steer clear of using coconut oil as a lube. No oil-based lubes are safe to use with latex condoms and they also can wreck latex sex toys too! Booooo!
3. Unlike water-based lubricants, coconut oil is a total pain in the ass to get out of your sheets. It will wreck silk bedding in an instant, and it’ll leave big old oily stains on cotton sheets (which you might not be able to remove without discolouring them).
If you need a little more, err, wetness in your love life we recommend using some organic, cruelty-free, vegan, water-based lube.
*This statistic is based entirely on anecdotal evidence gathered by the writer while discussing beauty products at doofs. The writer wishes to make it clear that she does not now, nor has she ever worked for big coconut.